Bejo is an internationally operating Dutch family company specialised in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. The quality of our product is our top priority. Together with our highly motivated and committed staff, we want to boost our innovative company’s growth worldwide.
The Sales department is responsible for the worldwide sale of and advice on vegetable seeds within six sales areas. A vacancy has arisen at the Area North Africa & Middle East for a
In the role of area crop manager you are primarily responsible for the management of the assortment and the sales. For the management of the assortment you are part of the product development team of the area and are the connection between the market and the Bejo organization, especially the crop teams. You participate in several teams and give input for the direction of the breeding programs and make sure that potential new varieties are properly introduced into the market.
You are in direct contact with the Bejo affiliates and partners in the area. Together you decide about the product portfolio for the country and set up a trial and introduction program for new products. You support in the marketing and promotion of the assortment.
Agriculture in the area is in full development and modern growing techniques are introduced fast. A good knowledge and support of our partners and clients to make optimal use of these new techniques is very important.
- Bachelor in agriculture or related education.
- You have demonstrable cultivation-technical knowledge.
- You are an enterprising team player, bridge builder and confident in a steering role.
- You have good communication skills and are particularly good at listening and analyzing.
- A good command of English and preferably French is needed for this role. Arabic is a plus.
- You are prepared to make several international trips per year (25% of your time).
Recently, Bejo was once again named best employer in the industry. This is not only because of the
informal atmosphere within the family business but also because its employees are there for each other. Bejo invests in its employees and has, as you would expect from the 'Best employer', excellent terms of employment.
• Lots of independence and appreciation for own initiative
• Plenty of opportunities to keep developing yourself professionally and personally
• Many extra benefits such as profit sharing, excellent pension plan and study facilities
• Flexible working hours for a good work-life balance
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? Please contact André Dekker, Area Business Manager - Area Africa & Pacific, at telephone number (+31) 88 1202910.
Have you become enthusiastic? Then please go to the website werkenbijbejo.nl and upload your motivation letter and CV for the attention of Bas Burlage, Recruitment Advisor, via the button ‘Apply!’