The Sales Department is responsible for worldwide sales and advice of vegetable seeds within six sales areas. In the area Western Europe there is a vacancy for an
Area Crop Manager Western Europe (ENG)
(38 hours per week)
As Area Crop Manager you are responsible for the development of our current crops and the introduction of new varieties. An important aspect of your job is determining priorities per market segment. For the introduction of new varieties you establish the appropriate structures and compile the relevant information. You support the countries within the area with technical cultivation knowledge and you support the exchange of knowledge between the colleagues. Within the Area Crop Management team you take the responsibility for leading a few crops into further growth and contribute to the global crop teams within Bejo. You are jointly responsible for the results in the area. In close cooperation with the other Area Crop Managers and the Sales Support Employees you create and maintain a network between the Bejo Head Office in the Netherlands and the Bejo companies in your area. Furthermore you maintain contacts with the colleagues of the R&D departments and the logistic departments. You report to the Area Business Manager Western Europe.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture
- Comprehensive technical cultivation knowledge of and experience with our crops
- International commercial experience and relevant business knowledge
- Initiative and entrepreneurial drive and a real team player
- You like to ‘build bridges’ and feel comfortable in a leadership rol
- You do not mind travelling (30%-40% of your time). It’s a challenge for you to look further ahead than only one season
- Good command of written and spoken Dutch* and English. Knowledge of a third language would be an advantage
*or willing to learn this in a short period of time
We can offer you a versatile and responsible position in our growing and ambitious organization. Bejo complies to the Collective Labour Agreement (cao) for garden seed companies and we also offer an excellent benefits package along with an attractive salary. Our informal company culture offers plenty of potential for personal initiative.
For more information, please contact Luc Driessen, Area Business Manager Western Europe, tel. +31 226 396162.
Are you interested in this position? Send your cv and motivation letter by 12 December 2021 at the latest to Jolanda Versloot, HR Advisor by clicking the button ‘solliciteer direct!’