The colleagues of the Marker Technology & Genomics department focus on the development and application of DNA markers in support of the Breeding, Production and Supply Chain departments. The research within the department is divided over a number of groups that are specialized in their own crops. Next to these crop R&D groups, the department has a Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and an Implementation group. At our location in Warmenhuizen, this department has a vacancy for a
To develop new high quality varieties for our vegetables and really do innovative breeding, good experimental design, quantitative genetics, statistics and data analysis are becoming more and more important. The Biostatistician’s main responsibilities are to optimally integrate biostatistics and quantitative genetics into research and breeding and thus contribute to a better and more efficient development of new vegetable varieties.
To achieve this you will work closely with colleagues from the research, breeding and IT departments and work on an integrated approach to support the development of new varieties. It is important that you are able to communicate and cooperate with these colleagues at an excellent level. You will combine your knowledge and expertise with that of other teams for an optimal approach and maximum results.
The use of biostatistics is in full development within our company. We are therefore looking for a Biostatistician who is able to develop and share a long-term vision. In time, when the need for support grows, the team of Biostatisticians will expand and you will be taking on a team leader’s position.
• Relevant, completed education at university level
• Multiple years of experience in research
• Thorough knowledge of the applicability of modern statistics in breeding or agriculture
• Innovative, creative, hands-on mentality and perseverance
• Organisation-sensitive, result-oriented and able to develop and share a long-term vision
• Good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing
• Willingness to travel abroad for support of field research and conferences
Recently, Bejo was once again named best employer in the industry. This is not only because of the
informal atmosphere within the family business but also because its employees are there for each other.
Bejo invests in its employees and has, as you would expect from the 'Best employer', excellent terms of employment.
For the role as Biostatistician we offer;
• Lots of independence and appreciation for own initiative
• Plenty of opportunities to keep developing yourself professionally and personally
• Many extra benefits such as profit sharing, excellent pension plan and study facilities
• Flexible working hours for a good work-life balance
Would you like to know more about this opportunity? Please contact Henk Huits, Research Manager Marker Technology & Genomics by telephone +31 88 600 7965.
Are you enthusiastic? Then send your CV and cover letter to Berber Cnossen, HR Advisor, using the application button above.