Bejo is an internationally operating family owned company headquartered in the Netherlands, specialised in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. Product quality is of great importance to us. With highly motivated and engaged employees we are expanding our innovative business on a global scale. Our breeding teams are responsible for innovative and ambitious worldwide breeding programs in open field vegetables and vegetable fruit crops and work closely together with colleagues from the Research department. As a result of the ongoing development of our organisation, we currently have a vacancy at our location in Warmenhuizen (NL) for a
Breeding Manager Pepper
(38 hours per week)
As Breeding Manager Pepper, you will work in an inspiring and dynamic environment on the breeding of a wide range of pepper species for various markets across the globe. You will give directions and functional guidance to three breeding teams that work at different international Bejo subsidiaries on the breeding and development of new pepper varieties. You are responsible for the pepper breeding budgets. Moreover, you are the principal contact of pepper breeding for research teams that support the pepper programs from the Research Centre in Warmenhuizen (NL) with respect to Phytopathology, Tissue culture & Cell biology and Marker technology & Genomics. You are able to align breeding programs and product development with market demands. To this end, you consult colleagues from the Sales department on a regular basis. Finally, you have the ambition and potential to grow into the position of Crop Research Manager of several vegetable fruit crops, including pepper, tomato and cucumber, within a couple of years.
- A relevant university degree (MSc, PhD)
- Ambition and potential to grow into the position of Crop Research Manager of several vegetable fruit crops within a couple of years
- At least 10 years of experience in plant breeding, by preference in vegetable fruit crops
- Good understanding and practical experience of the application of modern breeding techniques in breeding programs
- Innovative, creative and persevering
- Hands-on mentality, results-oriented and being able to develop and present a long-term vision
- Experience with managing people, both in a task-oriented and a people-oriented manner
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Family owned company with informal culture
- High degree of independence and appreciation for personal initiative
- Ample opportunity to develop your business skills and personal skills
- Besides the collective labour agreement for the vegetable seed sector many additional extras, including a company car, a company laptop and a company mobile phone
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Bert Schrijver, Research Director, telephone number 0226-396162. For more information about our company and our colleagues, please check out Over Bejo and Onze collega’s or just visit bejo.nl.
Are you excited about this job? Upload your CV and motivation letter to Ruud Oudejans, HR Advisor, by 7 June 2020 at the latest via the button ‘solliciteer direct!’.