Bejo is an internationally operating Dutch family company specialised in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. The quality of our product is our top priority. Together with our highly motivated and committed staff, we want to boost our innovative company’s growth worldwide. Our breeding teams are responsible for innovative and ambitious worldwide breeding programs in open field vegetables and vegetable fruit crops and work closely together with colleagues from the Research department. As a result of the ongoing development of our organization, we currently have a vacancy at our location in Warmenhuizen (NL) for a
Breeding Manager Pepper (English)
(38 uur per week)
As Breeding Manager Pepper, you will work in an inspiring and dynamic environment on the breeding of a wide range of pepper species for various markets across the globe. You will give directions and functional guidance to three breeding teams that work at different international Bejo subsidiaries on the breeding and development of new pepper varieties. You are responsible for the pepper breeding budgets. Moreover, you are the principal contact of pepper breeding for research teams that support the pepper programs from the Research Centre in Warmenhuizen (NL) with respect to Phytopathology, Tissue culture & Cell biology and Marker technology & Genomics. You are able to align breeding programs and product development with market demands. To this end, you consult colleagues from the Sales department on a regular basis.
- A relevant university degree (MSc, PhD) or a Bachelor’s degree complemented by other relevant courses
- Ambition and potential to grow into the position of Crop Research Manager of several vegetable fruit crops within a couple of years
- At least 10 years of experience in plant breeding, by preference in vegetable fruit crops
- Good understanding and practical experience of the application of modern breeding techniques in breeding programs
- Innovative, creative and persevering
- Hands-on mentality, results-oriented and being able to develop and present a long-term vision
- Proven leadership qualities with excellent communication skills to involve the people around you
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
We can offer you a versatile and responsible position in our growing and ambitious organization. Bejo complies to the Collective Labour Agreement (cao) for garden seed companies and we also offer an excellent benefits package along with an attractive salary. Our informal company culture offers plenty of potential for personal initiative.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Bert Schrijver, Research Director, telephone number +31 (0) 226 396 162. Further information regarding our company can be obtained by visiting our website bejo.com.
Are you excited about this job? Upload your CV and motivation letter to Jolanda Versloot, HR Advisor.